Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Moon (Twilight Book 2) by Stephenie Meyer

Book Description:
I FELT LIKE I WAS TRAPPED IN ONE OF THOSE TERRIFYING NIGHTMARES...
For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

My Thoughts:
Once again, these books are addicting. Bella and Edward are now together and she is ecstatic. Alice throws her a birthday party and things go horribly wrong. Edward thinks he is putting her in too much danger and he and his family leave. Bella is heartbroken and just not herself. She renews a friendship with Jacob Black and things get weird with him too. Now her world is turned upside down and there is danger waiting for her.
Edward and Bella's relationship is an interesting dynamic. It is like they literally can't live without each other. That is what makes his decisions in this book so surprising. You can understand the decisions while disliking them. Then there is Jacob. I automatically loved Jacob's character. He is just a fun loving free spirit and is wonderful for Bella. There were quite a few unexptected things that happened and I just couldn't put this book down.
Overall I give this book a 4/5. I really liked it, the addiction element was there but it just wasn't as good to me! I am definitely going to read the next book in the series.

1 comments:

  1. I am just starting to read this series; I wish I did not see the movie's first.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and congratulations on the new little one..my daughter just had our 11th grand baby 3 weeks ago (#3 for her)..God Bless you and baby and remember to get plenty of rest(when you can) and do not overdo..it is so true in the blink of an eye they are grown!

    ReplyDelete