Monday, November 18, 2013

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)Book Description:
Since their mother's death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.
One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.
Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them —Set— has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe - a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.


My Thoughts:
I absolutely loved this audiobook!  I got it for my kids to listen to and I think I liked it more than they did.  Carter and Sadie are siblings that look nothing alike and rarely spend any time even on the same continent.  On one of the rare occasions they do see each other, they find out a LOT more about their family than they ever thought existed.  They learned that magic is real, their father was a magician and the 'gods' they learned about are real.  Now to save their father, they have to battle with magic and save the world!
I have to say, I think the cat is my favorite character.  The two narrators did a great job with the voices and I got completely into the book.  Carter and Sadie couldn't be more different but it was their differences that made them so perfect for the story.  The author did a great job with all of the characters and settings.  The siblings don't just stay in one place but travel everywhere.  I liked the crush that Carter had, though it didn't exactly turn out like I'd expected.  The way Sadie and Carter have to learn magic and the fact that their family is a strong old powerful family was great.  I can't wait to read the next one.
I rate this a 5/5.  It was a great book. 

***I know a lot of my followers are Christians so I will say that it does talk about gods so if that offends you, this book isn't for you.  It IS fiction though and really a good story.***

0 comments:

Post a Comment