Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Destiny Revealed by Cris Pasqueralle

Destiny Revealed AudiobookBook Description:
On the day of their 13th birthdays, twins Jack and Maddie Austin receive a special gift from their Uncle Benny: two necklaces, along with a note shrouded in secrecy. The celebration is interrupted by three intruders, led by the evil being Tardon, who kidnaps the twin's parents. Uncle Benny manages to escape with the twins and later, reveals the truth behind both their gifts and identities: that Jack and Maddie are powerful wizards from the magical realm. Now, faced with the decision of a lifetime, they must return to that realm, rescue their parents and save all the realms from imminent doom.

My Thoughts:
This was a really good book.  I started listening to it in my car and then restarted it for my 6 & 8 year old kids.  They LOVED it.  Maddie and Jack are twins with a destiny that their parents are going to tell them about on their 13th birthday.  That all comes to a screeching halt when their parents are taken.  Uncle Benny is there and takes the twins to safety but then has to explain about magic and why their parents were taken.
I really liked the characters in this book.  Honestly, Maddie seemed naive and Jack was too full of himself, but then again, they are 13!  There was action, a touch of potential romance, and lots of love for family in this book.  It isn't a long book but it kept both kids' attention throughout and they were begging for book 2 as soon as we finished this one.
5/5 for me.  I love that this book is clean and interesting enough to keep both mine and my kids' attention. 

I won this book in a giveaway from the author so Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment